Climatic data sources (spatial extent, spatial resolution, temporal extent, temporal resolution)
- EU-WATCH (World, 0.5º x 0.5º, 1975-2012, daily): UE-WATCH was an international project about water resources that produced homogenized climate data over the world based on Era-interim re-analysis.
- DAYMET (US, 1 km x 1km, 1980-, daily)
- WorldClim (World, 10 arc min, 1950-2000, monthly climatic averages)
- ESGF: The ESGF (Earth System Grid Federation) web site that centralizes climate data from GCM and RCM uploaded in the frame of different international consortium, including the CORDEX regionalisation project (data access link).
- CCAFS: Downscaled GCM data provided by the CGIAR research program on Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security (CCAFS).
- AEMET open data (Spain, local, 1990-, daily): Open data web portal of the Spanish Meteorological Agency (AEMET).
Weather generators and wind simulators
Fire behavior models
Fire rating systems
- Catalunya: Sistemes d’avaluació del perill d’incendi
- Catalunya: Mapa de perill d’incendi
- Europe: EFFIS
- USA: Wildland Fire Assessment System
R packages for climate
- stationaRy: Selectively acquire hourly meteorological data from stations located all over the world
- qmap: Perform quantile mapping for the correction of RCM predictions using observed meteorological data.
- meteoForecast: Access to several Numerical Weather Prediction services both in raster format and as a time series for a location.
- insol: Functions to compute insolation in complex terrains.
R packages for statistical methods